1. Quit smoking! Not only is it the unhealthiest thing you can do for your body, it speeds up aging and jumpstarts wrinkles. Try a nicotine patch or inhaler if you’re stuck.
2. Eat more antioxidants. Antioxidants help fight off free radicals, which are what cause us to age. Berries, beans, and prunes are all high in antioxidants, and try eating food that’s high in omega-3 fatty acids.
3. Drink water! Staying hydrated is super important when you’re trying to fight off aging. If you don’t like drinking water, try adding fresh fruit or drinking coconut water.
4. Use a high-quality wrinkle cream. Find a routine that works for your skin type and do it morning and night. Don’t sleep in your makeup and try to incorporate all areas of your face, eyes, laugh lines, neck and forehead, into your regimen.
5. Avoid the sun at all costs. Make sure you apply sunscreen even when you’re not going in the sun. UV rays are the number one contributing factor to wrinkles and can be easily prevented with an SPF.
6. Don’t slack on your beauty rest. An 8-hour night of rest does wonders for your skin. Make sure you’re sleeping enough to give your body time to repair itself and your skin’s regeneration process.
7. Reduce your stress. Try to keep a calm household and minimize your workload. If you find you’re still stressed out, consider doing yoga or learning to meditate.